Group Managing Director
You are an inspiring servant leader with the leadership capacities and experience needed to fulfil the new position of Group Managing Director (GMD) and guide the Marginpar Group to the next level of performance. Moreover, you have a high and proven affinity with the East African culture and the Flori- or Horti business.
What are you going to do?
In the capacity of GMD you are responsible for the daily operations of the Marginpar Group. You make an important contribution to raising collaboration between and within the international teams by improving structure and efficiency. As GMD, you lead the clusters People & Culture, Production, Market, Finance and Business Development and report directly to the CEO.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support and guide the continuous development of our people and culture by developing an inspired, effective management team that collectively owns the business objectives and embeds them in the company through a servant leadership approach at all levels
- Implement Marginpar’s vision and strategy with your team by conceiving and carrying out plans to guide the company’s direction and by monitoring, adjusting and reviewing their progress
- Create synergy in (daily) business processes by enhancing the internal Group collaboration, and focusing on continuous improvements and increasing of efficiencies
- Budget for sustainable economic growth, seeking continuous improvement of the budgeting process and assessing the impact and priority of CAPEX to advance business and increase profits
- Work in close collaboration with the CEO and CCO on leading the business; setting term goals and providing input on decision making issues
- Report, present and justify business performance to the board of shareholders
- Show a high social and environmental responsibility wherever doing business
- A dynamic, fast growing, people-oriented organisation that provides the world with unique flowers
- A company in which culture is key; one of empowerment and continuous learning, of solidarity and wellbeing, of servant leadership and forming of unified teams
- A working culture aimed at continuous improvement, according to the Kaizen approach (they call it Hamuka)
- Sustainable collaboration throughout the entire value chain; Marginpar is a proud member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative
- A complete package of employment conditions that suit the position
In this challenging and inspiring management position, you will build and grow the company together with a very motivated and dedicated management team. Your style of leadership is mature and made to fit the needs of your team and its members, you are open to insights of others. We are looking for a person who will continue the strengthening of Marginpar’s foundation, structure and knowledge. In addition, you are adept at strengthening international collaboration.
- Strong servant leadership ability
- Open to adopt and adapt to the company culture
- Experience in structuring complex business processes
- Strategic mindset and business acumen
- Inspired to collaborate with CEO and CCO in leading the group
- Focus on sustainably developing both people and organisation in a multicultural environment
- Continually drive efficiency and effective results
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business ethics & social and environmental responsibility
- Proven affinity with East African/ International flori-, horti business