Group People & Culture Director
Marginpar has been active in the import and production of unique summer flowers for more than 30 years, resulting in a very wide range of over 100 products. With 17 flower farms on different altitudes and geographic locations -Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe-, every variety can be grown on the perfect spot. Plus, growing flowers so close to the equator, Marginpar guaranties a year-round supply of most flowers. Marginpar's position is unique within the floral world: thanks to long term collaborations and alliances, we manage almost every step in the chain. Together with breeders we provide unique, innovative products. Something to be proud of. And something you can be a part of!
Type: full time
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya
You are a mature, driven and inspiring HR leader, strongly dedicated to develop people, with the capacities and experience needed to fulfil the position of Group People & Culture Captain (GPCC). You will participate in the already initiated restructuring of the GPC Cluster aimed at becoming the backbone of the Marginpar Group. Moreover, you have a proven experience in an international corporate environment.
What are you going to do?
The role of Group People & Culture Captain offers an inspiring group management position in which you will continue to professionalise and develop the people related foundations into the backbone of Marginpar. You do this together with your management team of domain captains and the other cluster captains in the Cluster Captain team (Group Management Team). The focus will be on the various routes through which Marginpar empowers and serves their people. The P&C captain has a mature and adaptable style of leadership made to fit the needs of the team members. He/she will further develop the P&C cluster to the next level of collaboration and professionalism in order to provide the Marginpar people with what they need to achieve the collective business goals. The captain should be adept at strengthening international collaboration between Kenya, Ethiopia and the Netherlands and have knowledge and experience on preferably all of the constituent parts of the Group Cluster People & Culture: HR, Talent Development, Culture, Kaizen and ESG.
From this stem the following responsibilities:
- To continue the current strategic restructuring of the Group People & Culture Cluster by joining the existing Task Force that is currently developing the Masterplan People & Culture together with our strategic partner Symbool.
- To develop an inspired, effective P&C management team of domain captains by collectively owning the common aim of empowering the Marginpar people to achieve the business goals and conceiving and carrying out plans to guide the People & Culture objectives, together with the domain captains, and monitor, adjust and review progress of these plans.
- To lead, guide and therewith empower the P&C Captains to lead their teams and projects:
By providing human resources expertise and guidance to our HR domain captain that leads a team of HRBPs that support the teams on our farms.
By supporting the Hamuka domain captain with working Kaizen knowledge (beginner/competent) and willingness to learn.
By joining the existing Taskforce Talent Development in establishing its domain.
By supporting and guiding the ESG domain captain.
By seeing to the professional development of your team members.
By overseeing all the hiring within the P&C Cluster on our international locations.
- To ensure the further development of the new (matrix) organisational structure.
- To support and advise your Cluster Captain Team members on focus areas of People & Culture.
- To manage the overall Group P&C budget.
- To organise P&C activities on Group level.
- To ensure the constant and appropriate development of the Marginpar culture.
- A dynamic, international and fast growing, people-oriented organisation that provides the world with unique summer flowers.
- A company in which culture is key; one of empowerment and continuous learning, of solidarity and wellbeing, of servant leadership and forming of unified teams.
- A working culture aimed at continuous improvement, according to the Kaizen approach (we call it Hamuka).
- Sustainable collaboration throughout the entire value chain; Marginpar is a proud member of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative.
- A complete package of employment conditions that suit the position.
In this challenging inspiring management position, you will build and grow the People & Culture cluster and thus the entire organisation. Your style of leadership is mature and made to fit the needs of your team and its members, you are open to insights of others. We therefore believe it is important you meet the following requirements:
- Proven mature servant leadership ability with a strategic and creative, people-oriented mindset.
- Effective communicator at all levels, cultures, relevant languages in dialogue and media.
- Open to adopt and adapt to the People oriented Marginpar company culture
- Focus on sustainably developing both people and organisation in different cultures.
- Know-how and experience in onboarding and inspiring people to develop (skilled change agent)
- Inspired to collaborate with CEO and CCO on culture related developments as they are its guarding angels.
- Strong business ethics & able to be a Marginpar role model for culture and conduct.
- Proven experience with a global hybrid matrix structure.
- Recognized for integrity in every aspect of your role. Ability to maintain confidentiality and build, establish and maintain trust and credibility
About the qualifications for the role:
- Master's degree in social sciences, business management with demonstrated work experience in a leadership role driving people strategies in international organizations.
- Over 12 years of progressive International Human Resource Management experience,
- Extensive understanding of People & Culture strategic issues and challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of employment legislation and best practices in Kenya and Ethiopia. Understanding of the Dutch situation is a plus.
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations as well as internationally, when needed.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) with a valid practicing license 2022 and ideally also a Graduate of CHRP Certification program (Certified Human Resource Professional).
Jan Gert Roest