A UNIQUE PRODUCT OF NATURE, SIGNED BY OUR PEOPLE
By being innovative and forward-looking, we distinguish ourselves with an exclusive, trend-setting assortment: summer flowers that are experienced as stylish, elegant and surprising. Also, in all our collaborations (with each other, with partners and with our customers) we attach great importance to creativity, quality and class.
We firmly believe that trusting, valuing and empowering people is what counts. Thanks to this attitude our people can grow and add value to make our products unique. Together we proudly grow summer flowers that make our world colourful.
We are looking for a Production Director in Africa.
Location: Nanyuki, Kenya and willing to travel to the different farm locations
Marginpar Group produces annually a total of around 250 million stems over a wide range of around 30 different types of summer flowers. All these types of summer flowers are produced on 16 flower farms on different altitudes and geographic locations -Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe. Next to that, we have a facility in the Netherlands where we process our flowers. In total we employ around 4.000 value adders.
You are an inspiring servant leader with the strong leadership skills and experience required to fill the position of Production Director (Cluster Captain Production) and lead production in volume and quality to the next level of performance. The Production Director Africa promotes Marginpars’ vision and translates the supporting strategy into concrete year plans for the Marginpar Group farms that provide structure to the daily operations of growing their unique summer flowers on the different farms to meet market demand.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
A Production Director (Cluster Captain Production) forms his Cluster Production into a strong and cohesive team. From this starting point the Cluster Team Production is facilitating and supporting the implementation of the production and crop planning on the farms. This means that the Cluster Team Production members are an intrinsic part of the decision making process with the farm management teams. It is the responsibility of the Production Director to engage with the Cluster Team Production members in such a way that they are able to provide effective and excellent support to farm management.
The Production Director sits in the Management Team (Cluster Captains of the Marginpar Group) and reports directly to the Managing Director. In this capacity the Production Director is responsible for the production of flowers, meeting market demand.
- Achieving optimal results and returns of the production for the Marginpar Group with its interdependent individual farms (in the concept of the Armada). Starting point is Market Demand
- Implementing production plans and supporting daily operations at the farms
- The Production Director leads and facilitates the functioning and wellbeing of two teams: Farm Managers and their Management Teams in both Kenya and Ethiopia
- Staff teams (helicopter/ supporting teams) of the Cluster Production
- Sustainable growth of the Cluster Production Kenya and Ethiopia
- Representing the cluster production in the Group Management Team (Cluster Captains) with the interest of the performance of the whole Group in mind
More details about responsibilities will be provided upon request.
- A dynamic, international, and fast growing, people-oriented organisation that provides the world with unique summer flowers.
- A company in which culture is key; one of empowerment and continuous learning, of solidarity and wellbeing, of servant leadership and forming of unified teams.
- A working culture aimed at continuous improvement, according to the Kaizen approach (we call it Hamuka)
- A complete package of employment conditions that suit the position.
In this challenging and inspiring management position, you will build and grow the company together with a very motivated and dedicated staff team and farm managers and in collaboration with the members of the management team. Your style of leadership is mature and made to fit the needs of your team and its members, you are open to insights of others. We therefore believe it is important you meet the following requirements:
- Strong servant leadership ability
- Strategic mindset and business acumen
- Focus on sustainably developing both people and organisation with the ability to interact across a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to incorporate obtained data into daily and long-term plans
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven affinity with East African/ International flori-, horti business
In addition, you possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in related field of study from a recognized University with demonstrated work experience in a leadership role driving production strategies in the flower industry
- Over 12 years of progressive flower / agricultural production experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office Apps
- Good command of the English language
Contact Jan Gert Roest from NoMilk2Day for more information:
Or apply directly: